About Me

My photo
I now live in Victoria, after a couple years on the North Shore of Vancouver, and a (too) brief time in the prairies. Working as an artist, mother and wife (not necessarily in that order), i am striving to live well, to find the truth of God in all things, and to pass on this truth to others.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

snippets

there is a bright orange sticker that says SOLD on the realtor sign in my front window.  it's beautiful.  i confess to staring at it.

my husband arrives tomorrow at one and i cannot wait to look into his eyes and love him and be loved.

at the Christmas concert last week my son interpreted "Hosanna" as "Go Santa" and sang it at the top of his lungs.  nothing like pastor's kids.  reminded me of the time we pulled up to church and my daughter, then a toddler, yelled "YAY! shopping!!"

last night as i carried my son up the stairs to bed i said "i will be so sad when you're too big for me to carry, and he said "don't worry mommy, then I'll carry YOU!!" 

the plan is to pack our house the six days following Christmas.  Scott will then drive out to Saskatoon on the 2nd of January, and I'll fly out on the 4th with the kids.  We will move into our new place on the 20th. 

it seems i have all of my Christmas wishes, and a God who, for some reason beyond my understanding, cares about them. 

3 comments:

  1. God is Good, Life is an adventure...have a wonderful Christmas and we will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only begun to catch up on your blog...oh, so much good stuff to read! You are a very gifted writer. What a joy it was to see you today...and to hug your neck! You bless my heart...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! YAY! YAY! So happy to hear your news! Answered prayer for Christmas - what a nice gift. Perhaps we will see Scott on his way through but if not we will be praying for you as you do this transition. Have a very blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete