About Me

My photo
I now live in Victoria, after a couple years on the North Shore of Vancouver, and a (too) brief time in the prairies. Working as an artist, mother and wife (not necessarily in that order), i am striving to live well, to find the truth of God in all things, and to pass on this truth to others.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

here we go

Alright, we begin.
As you may know, our lives are in a state of transition at the moment.  We are waiting to hear from a church in Saskatoon, but beyond that lead, we really have no prospects for work for Scott.  He is currently job searching for something temporary, and I'm painting as much as I can. 
It's a struggle.  How much do I really trust my God?  And what shape does that trust take - does trusting God mean I don't worry about money at all, or does it mean that I try to be as thrifty as possible and look for him to fill in the spaces?  Do I buy my favourite pasta sauce trusting that God will supply, or do I buy the cheaper variety believing that I need to do all I can to save money?
I bought the cheaper one. 
Grocery shopping was wrought with indicision and self-questioning.  It made me think of the majority of people in this world who live in the constant anxiety of feeding their families - a feeling that I haven't experienced in many years. 
Scott and I have been reminiscing with the kids about when he was a student and I was a part-time teacher, how we often saw God meet our needs in miraculous ways.  How the fact that we made it through those years without debt is truly miraculous.

Anyways, I'm starting this blog for those of you who I may (or may not!) be leaving soon.  A place of attachment and update, where I can continue to share my life with you.  I have never been a great long-distance friend, so my prayer is that this venue will help keep up connected. 
That said, I don't intend to write daily here, hopefully once a week will be manageable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment